9 Things your Boss Wants to know about choosing an Insurance Advisor
There is no shortage of advice when it comes to insurance but how do you decide on which insurance advisor is right for your business?
No two businesses are exactly the same, so every business will have different needs with respect to insurance products. Conversely, no two insurance products are exactly the same, so it can get very complicated when considering the vast number of different insurance products from different insurers.
Not making the right decisions for your business when it comes to insurance can be a very costly exercise, not just in terms of premiums, but also in terms of the cost of not being covered for an event, when you thought you were.
That’s why we would suggest that you consider the following when selecting an insurance advisor;
- Does your insurance advisor have access to sufficient insurance companies and underwriting agencies to ensure that the right product will be found to satisfy your particular needs?
- Does your insurance advisor provide “off the shelf ”or “one size fits all” products and services, or a tailored approach where individual needs are identified and satisfied?
- Will your advisor work with you to identify risk, discuss the exposure, minimise the impact, and where appropriate, transfer to an insurer?
You will also want to ensure that your advisor will assist you with;
- Avoiding underinsurance
- Business interruption reviews
- New emerging risks
- Changes in legislation and how this impacts on your business
- Dedicated claims handling services so you never have to speak directly with an insurer
- Ongoing reviews of your insurance products in accordance with your changing business circumstances
If you are considering the services of a well-established, trusted insurance advisor, Johnston Grocke would very much appreciate being on your list of people to talk to.
Give us a call today on 83030300 and see how we go against your newly created checklist.
Published February the 7th, 2018